• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragons hip shaking part 2

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
I figure I'd post this on this since I haven't received any replies in the health message board. Gina the Dragon has momentarily stopped shaking her hips. I've increased her multivitamin and calcium w/D-3 intake to every other day. She is extremely rambunctious walking and climbing all over the 75 Gal home. She poops daily and occasionally twice a day. She'll devour crickets voraciously without hesitation too. Is it normal to have your bearded as active as she is?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434204841.955861.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434204857.164258.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have to apologize – I saw your post previously and didn't reply because I have no clue. Active is good.if she's eating pooping and running around – I'd say you got a healthy girl. Still no clue about shaking hips. Sorry

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks for the reply Canicke, here's the latest on Gina Dragon: she is now digging under her cave enclosure. I suspect that she may be trying to lay eggs which may explain her constant movement. I fed her crickets today and she devoured them relentlessly so that's a good sign. I'll keep an eye on her to see what happens next. Does anyone else out there have experience with egg laying behavior?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I just replied on your other thread. It looks like you do have a UVB bulb. She looks healthy! I don't have any experience with egg laying, I've read that you could feel lumps in her belly if she's getting ready to lay. If she is digging you are going to want to make her a dig box. You can use moist play sand and a rubbermaid container. You want the sand moist enough for her to dig and for it to hold shape.

Has she been with a male or would these just be infertile?

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
She hasn't been with a male unless she is sneaking some guy in at night! These would be infertile. Thanks for the egg laying advice. I'll get to work on it ASAP. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I also wanted to say that my male bearded dragon always wants out of his tank and he is very active and runs around the tank all day and rearranges things and dances on the glass. He's done this since we've had him when he was a month old and now he is 1 1/2 years! I'm exhausted, LOL!

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
Wow! That's good to know. I've had Gina for 2 1/2 weeks now and she laid low until a week ago and she's been nonstop since. I had a Mali Uromastyx for 10 years before my Dragon and he was no where near as active.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My female dragon is very chill and content with sitting in her tank or slowly walking around it but my male acts like there is a monster in there with him and he's trying to claw his way out to get away from it!

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
That's interesting. Mine is a female and she is super active. She really goes nuts for crickets.

Latest posts