• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon

Tanner Alexander

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my bearded about 7 months ago as a juvenile and now he's huge he eats 4 dozen crickets in 2 days how should I get him to go on a smaller diet?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Welcome to the forums. The amounts and frequency depends on the dragon. You dont want to have an obese dragon that just lays around but shoot for a nice healthy dragon that is active. Post some pictures and maybe a few here will give you there opinion on his condition. :)

In all honesty most young adults have big appetites.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6.jpg

24 appropriate sized crix a day for a growing juvenile or young adult, definitely is not too much for most BDs ... I used to limit mine at 30-35 crix a day, if they wanted that many.

Latest posts