• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Wheezing

Brittany

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey all, I just gave my 2 year old beardy, Puck, a bath and he started puffing up his beard like mad and wheezing. Should I be worried about him wheezing, or was that just him freaking out over the water?

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
mine beardie honey bee dose the same thing. he hates bath time. but if the wheezing keeps up when he is not being bathed like if it just randomly starts wheezing for no reason id get it checked out. could be respratory infection.

Brittany

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I held him for a while, and let him roam about and he stopped wheezing, so it must have just been him freaking out over the bath.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
probibly. the only other times my dragons do it is when they are asleep or half asleep and are woken up suddenly and when lily is super sleepy and i put her into her bath water. she gets this look on her face like "oh my god whats happening?....oh water" then gose back to normal

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have found that a lot of times, Dragons can get water in their nose while in the bath and it sounds like they are weazing but really it is like they are trying to clear the water from their passage way. When my guy does this, I just watch him close for a bit and make sure it clears up within a few minutes of being out of the bath. If it does lasst any longer than say 30 minutes I would be concerned of an RI.

Latest posts