• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon tail rot or shedding?

brooke_goldey

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I just bought a bearded dragon on Sunday and he seemed in great health. Yesterday i noticed that his tail seemed a little dark and I’m starting to get concerned. It’s lightened up today but still not vibrant like the rest of his body. When i did get him on Sunday parts of his tail were already shedding but has stopped since. the first photo is from last night with his tail being darker. the sending photo is from this morning with his tail being lighter. I have bathed him in hopes of if it is shedding it may coke off but nothing has happened. what do you think? tail rot or shedding? please help

Attachments

• 3B8D977F-DE18-4524-BA1C-4057E3913493.jpeg
    3B8D977F-DE18-4524-BA1C-4057E3913493.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • B2E90009-0A8B-44B7-B5BE-AB4A973A6E6F.jpeg
    B2E90009-0A8B-44B7-B5BE-AB4A973A6E6F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I just bought a bearded dragon on Sunday and he seemed in great health. Yesterday i noticed that his tail seemed a little dark and I’m starting to get concerned. It’s lightened up today but still not vibrant like the rest of his body. When i did get him on Sunday parts of his tail were already shedding but has stopped since. the first photo is from last night with his tail being darker. the sending photo is from this morning with his tail being lighter. I have bathed him in hopes of if it is shedding it may coke off but nothing has happened. what do you think? tail rot or shedding? please help
Its going to shed let it do its thing

Latest posts