• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon survived house fire.

eoffster

Bearded Dragon Egg
I need some advice, I rescued a bearded dragon today who survived a house fire a little over a month ago. The problem is he still reeks of smoke! Can that cause an RI? Also he had been sleeping in a car all this time without his lights, should he be ok if his husbandry is correct? No burns or anything like that just very dark in color from soot. Thanks for any advice! Note his new cage had not been delivered yet.

Attachments

• 14321868678901491148662.jpg
    14321868678901491148662.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 102

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Smoke can cause lots and lots of issues and not having proper lights can cause issues as well I would just schedule a vet appointment there are so many things that could be wrong because of what he has been through also if you want check out the Facebook group bearded dragon obsession there are lots of breeders and knowledgable members who can answer questions about anything

eoffster

Bearded Dragon Egg
Smoke can cause lots and lots of issues and not having proper lights can cause issues as well I would just schedule a vet appointment there are so many things that could be wrong because of what he has been through also if you want check out the Facebook group bearded dragon obsession there are lots of breeders and knowledgable members who can answer questions about anything
I'll see if I can find an exotic vet in my area first thing in the morning my main concern was to get him home with proper lighting food and water. I didn't have enough time to search for a vet before I picked him up. I bathed him after he warmed up and ate a few crickets and greens, he also drank a lot of water.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have a vet check him out as soon as possible to make sure he is okay. It's a good sign that he ate and drank. I would keep a salad and a bowl of water in his tank all day so he can eat and drink as he pleases. As far as getting the smoke smell off of him, I really don't know. Greathouse Farm sells bearded dragon soap that might help. Here's the link http://greathousefarm.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=62

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mineral oil put on a soft bristled toothbrush and rub in small circles. This will clean him plus bring his health up from mineral oil soaking in. That facebook group is horrible fyi.