• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon starting to bite

Angel Kross

Bearded Dragon Egg
Whenever I open up my bearded dragons cage, he always bobs his head and comes to attack me. He's bitten ne a few times and I'm wondering why that is. I try to hold him but it's always a bit scary with how quick he is on trying to bite me. Though I still do hold him but it seems to not be doing anything. Any advice?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whenever I open up my bearded dragons cage, he always bobs his head and comes to attack me. He's bitten ne a few times and I'm wondering why that is. I try to hold him but it's always a bit scary with how quick he is on trying to bite me. Though I still do hold him but it seems to not be doing anything. Any advice?
How old is the dragon? A baby? Lighting in the tank can make them aggressive--- temps in the tank as well -- please go over your temps in the tank surface basking temps NO analogs for those -- ambient temps cool side and the UVB long tube or a coil--- any colored bulbs ?

Angel Kross

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is the dragon? A baby? Lighting in the tank can make them aggressive--- temps in the tank as well -- please go over your temps in the tank surface basking temps NO analogs for those -- ambient temps cool side and the UVB long tube or a coil--- any colored bulbs ?
Hes a year old

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Sound kind of like a territorial male acting in that manner, especially the bobbing of the head. They wouldn't come after you though.

I would direct it more to the climate as the cause, they are not instictively aggressive animals. They will get defensive and pancake while puffing their beard to appear as large and scary as possible. But aggressively coming after you is not natural for them.

Has anything changed recently? How fresh is the UVB? How are you providing water?

Samodo26

Bearded Dragon Egg
Do you feed him in the cage?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Still need husbandry of the tank --- too hot of temps or incorrect lighting is going to cause the aggressive behavior

Latest posts