• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon shedding

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I’ve had a beardie for just over two weeks now and thanks to advice from here he is eating better, my next question is on his shedding(pls see photo) he has definitive cut offs in his colour on his tail, legs and head and just want advice, currently atm I am bathing him every 3 or so days but to no avail. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 6BBDB07D-C486-4167-AE72-798F868BD707.jpeg
    6BBDB07D-C486-4167-AE72-798F868BD707.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I’ve had a beardie for just over two weeks now and thanks to advice from here he is eating better, my next question is on his shedding(pls see photo) he has definitive cut offs in his colour on his tail, legs and head and just want advice, currently atm I am bathing him every 3 or so days but to no avail. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
That is all shed let it do its thing -- too much bathing will only dry the scales out --- when the shed becomes dry and crackly mist him in the tank take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him that will get the loose scales off -- you dont need to bath a dragon 2-3 times per week - once every 10 days or so --- dragons get most of their hydration thru the salads they eat -- so rinse your greens before serving and make sure your insects are good and gut loaded before feeding I feed my bugs at nite then when fed to the dragons they are good and gut loaded --

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is all shed let it do its thing -- too much bathing will only dry the scales out --- when the shed becomes dry and crackly mist him in the tank take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him that will get the loose scales off -- you dont need to bath a dragon 2-3 times per week - once every 10 days or so --- dragons get most of their hydration thru the salads they eat -- so rinse your greens before serving and make sure your insects are good and gut loaded before feeding I feed my bugs at nite then when fed to the dragons they are good and gut loaded --
Hello, sorry for the late response, he has just started properly shedding today!
Just for clarity when you say mist is that just sort of spraying the tank or himself?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, sorry for the late response, he has just started properly shedding today!
Just for clarity when you say most is that just sort of spraying the tank or himself?
Spray him that will loosen the shed when it's crackly and dry

Latest posts