• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon placement?

Tasalyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I rescued a 22 inch bearded dragon and he came with a 40 gallon tank that I placed in my room. I just bought him a new big 75 gallon tank that I am really excited about, but I want him out of my room if possible. Only because I stay up later than he does and sometimes vise versa. The only other place I can put him is right in front of a window. The tank is going to be placed on a wood coffee table that is the perfect dimensions of the tank. The coffee table is about 2 inches shorter than the base of the window and is just as long. Am I able to put him right in front of it? I live in a hot and dry desert, but it’s still Colorado and we get snow in the winter. I could pull it a couple inches away from the window too. I just feel bad for him being in my room because he doesn’t see all the action from my roommates and people coming in and out of the house, and I’m gone during the day.
My other bearded dragon is next to my sliding glass door and he loves looking out the window which gave me the idea, he’s just not directly in front of it
The sun does not ever go directly into the window either. I live in a trailer and the sun goes from the front end of the trailer and sets on the back end of the trailer and the window is on the side of the trailer (if that makes sense!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tasalyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also I would make sure that there was enough shade and hide from any sunlight

Tasalyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Like what if I got a small sun reflector and put it on half of his cage and cover the side of the reflector that’s faced inside the cage (I’m really thinking about it now [emoji23])

I just feel bad that he can’t see what’s going on in the house but he can hear all of it!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Having him in front of a sunny window can affect the temps. Glass magnifies the sun (think of when we were kids and burned ants with a magnifying glass and the sun). If the window is not in direct sun, it might not be an issue though. I had mine in a south facing window and they never had any problems because there was a building next to us and there was no direct light coming into the window.

Tasalyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Having him in front of a sunny window can affect the temps. Glass magnifies the sun (think of when we were kids and burned ants with a magnifying glass and the sun). If the window is not in direct sun, it might not be an issue though. I had mine in a south facing window and they never had any problems because there was a building next to us and there was no direct light coming into the window.
Thank you for your reply! My window is facing north with a giant tree on the otherside of the porch that’s outside the window. There’s never direct sunlight that comes through, and it’s pretty shaded outside the window. I will watch the temps closely to make sure nothing radical will happen! Thank you so much!

Latest posts