• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon passed a solid object

T-Bone

Bearded Dragon Egg
Last Saturday I adopted a 2 1/2-year-old female Bearded Dragon. She hadn't pooped yet (Thursday) so I gave her a warm bath and sure enough, she took a humongous poop in the water.

What concerns me is she passed a white solid object. It was about an inch and a half long and about 1/2 of an inch wide. Could it be calcium? It broke up but it looked like a ceramic solid object. I imagine she feels a lot better, but I need to find out what that white thing was.

Thanks, Tony

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Last Saturday I adopted a 2 1/2-year-old female Bearded Dragon. She hadn't pooped yet (Thursday) so I gave her a warm bath and sure enough, she took a humongous poop in the water.

What concerns me is she passed a white solid object. It was about an inch and a half long and about 1/2 of an inch wide. Could it be calcium? It broke up but it looked like a ceramic solid object. I imagine she feels a lot better, but I need to find out what that white thing was.

Thanks, Tony
Sounds like urate. It's a white cap that comes out before her poop, for lack of a nicer way to say things. It's their version or urine, and it's 100% normal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

T-Bone

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you Eavlynn. I just went to Google images and that's exactly what it was. Looks like I got a lot to learn. Thanks again.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It was the urate. If it was hard, you may want to make sure she's getting fluids in her system. She gets fluids from the food she eats and also from drinking water when you give her a bath. You can even just drop water on her nose and get her to lick it off.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It was the urate. If it was hard, you may want to make sure she's getting fluids in her system. She gets fluids from the food she eats and also from drinking water when you give her a bath. You can even just drop water on her nose and get her to lick it off.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you Eavlynn. I just went to Google images and that's exactly what it was. Looks like I got a lot to learn. Thanks again.
We all go through a learning curve with our first dragon. If I hadn't had snakes, the urate would have freaked me out too haha. No worries, we're here to put your mind at ease and help when you need us!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts