• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon not pooped in 15 days still won't

sam barry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi my bearded dragon Charles has not pooped in about 15 days and I feel like I have tried everything. He usually only poops outside or in water. I have been giving him prunes, pumpkin, and olive oil to try to make him poop and he still hasn't. His energy levels seem the same and he still eats live prey but he hasn't been eating his greens. I've been giving him baths and massaging him but still nothing. It's currently winter here so I can't take him outside. Any suggestions would be helpful

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Does Charles have any lumps you can feel in his belly?

Some beardies have gone quite a while without pooping, it's not common, but not unheard of. The olive oil, prune and pumpkin usually do the trick. How old is your boy, and what and how much do you feed him?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You can try a few drops of mineral oil, just a few drops. It's should do the trick. I usually put it on a green or apple slice.

sam barry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Does Charles have any lumps you can feel in his belly?

Some beardies have gone quite a while without pooping, it's not common, but not unheard of. The olive oil, prune and pumpkin usually do the trick. How old is your boy, and what and how much do you feed him?

I haven't felt any lumps. I am not sure how old he his but he is 17 inches long so probably an adult. I usually feed him once a day

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you don't feel a hard lump, he probably isn't impacted. He may not have enough waste built up to excrete, for whatever reason. One member's beardie didn't poop for about a month, if I remember correctly. I say give him whatever he'll eat, and eventually what goes in, must come out.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Hef goes that long sometimes. He just came out of brumation a few wks ago and has eaten a little bit of salad and 1 worm at a time every 3 days . He's so all over the place I try not to worry about it so much anymore. I drip water on Hefs nose in the bath and then he'll start to drink. Then he poops. I let Hef run around the bedroom before his bath it gets his muscles all going .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zardoz1138

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine went a month without pooping several months ago. Started to panic went to vet. All checked out ok. I gave her baby food prunes and in two days she pooped. Was a bit dehydrated but she was ok. She recently started the no pooping again for a few weeks now. Hasn't eaten much either. She's still active and alert. I give her warm bathes and just did the prunes this morning. I think it's just a thing with them sometimes. Just make sure they don't dehydrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
They eat so much the first year that when all of the sudden they change so much we freak out . Or at least I did. I'm a great panicer.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They eat so much the first year that when all of the sudden they change so much we freak out . Or at least I did. I'm a great panicer.

Oh I know! That first time they don't poop 2x a day you wonder whats wrong. Then they miss a day and you think they are dying! They love to stress us out. Dolly hasn't gone in a month but she also hasn't eaten anything. She's been in and out of brumation.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hefs out of brumation now he was awake at 730 this morning. That's really early for him

Dolly's been in and out since September and hasn't eaten anything but the occasional slurry. Currently she's under her half log.

Latest posts