• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon not happy with his enclosure?

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
Hi,
My bearded dragon doesn’t seem happy and just tries to escape all the time!
Here is the thing...
I recently bought a new terrarium for my beardie ( 60x60x150cm). I also bought a new light Arcadia 39W 34” 6%uvb T-5. I thought that all this would solve the problem of him wanting to get out. All day everyday he claws the windows and tries to get out. He can never sit still. Just claws claws claws.
I also just bought him a hammock however he looks like he wants to sit higher and looks very uncomfortable. But if I put it up higher it will be way too hot on his basking spot. Should I put it up higher anyways? His basking temps are about 35*C now.

What do you guys think, is he uncomfortable in his terrarium? Is there anything I can do to improve his well-being or setup?
(Someone once told me that he claws because he is bored so I should let him watch tv. I don’t have a tv but I sometimes put in an iPad for him to watch baby sensory videos on, oh yes this sounds ridiculous according to me, however I am desperate and want him to feel better. This did not help tho) what else can I do?

Attachments

• A0C49FED-9D1D-4F39-A235-FBA77BA7E433.jpeg
    A0C49FED-9D1D-4F39-A235-FBA77BA7E433.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 24
  • 6E3B8750-23A4-49A5-B513-AEF97FCC831F.jpeg
    6E3B8750-23A4-49A5-B513-AEF97FCC831F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,
My bearded dragon doesn’t seem happy and just tries to escape all the time!
Here is the thing...
I recently bought a new terrarium for my beardie ( 60x60x150cm). I also bought a new light Arcadia 39W 34” 6%uvb T-5. I thought that all this would solve the problem of him wanting to get out. All day everyday he claws the windows and tries to get out. He can never sit still. Just claws claws claws.
I also just bought him a hammock however he looks like he wants to sit higher and looks very uncomfortable. But if I put it up higher it will be way too hot on his basking spot. Should I put it up higher anyways? His basking temps are about 35*C now.

What do you guys think, is he uncomfortable in his terrarium? Is there anything I can do to improve his well-being or setup?
(Someone once told me that he claws because he is bored so I should let him watch tv. I don’t have a tv but I sometimes put in an iPad for him to watch baby sensory videos on, oh yes this sounds ridiculous according to me, however I am desperate and want him to feel better. This did not help tho) what else can I do?
Your dragon needs a stronger UVB bulb -- you need a 12% bulb in a fixture w/ a reflector - please change out the basking bulb for a sold bright white basking bulb -- example a Exo Terra Intense bulb but any solid bright white will work that is keeping temps of 95-100 F and taken w/a digital probe thermometer you need two of them one for basking side and one for cool side --- you do not want any off colored yellowish or daytime bulbs for basking --https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-prot5-kit-desert-12 34" 39W should fit what you have for the fixture plus you get the extra bulb which needs to be changed out every year I recommend a month prior to
Please get this changed out as soon as you can --- you can look on this site for the bright white basking bulb as well something like this make sure you have that digital probe for temps https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-terra-sun-glo-tight-beam-basking-spot-lamp you want surface temps -- please do not get daytime bulbs or coils or flood or halogen any bulbs w/ Neodymium coating they are bad on eyes --

Latest posts