• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragon needs help

scribbles

Bearded Dragon Egg
my bearded dragon is almost 3 years old. i noticed a week or so ago he couldnt poop and was refusing to eat or drink anything. i didnt want to force feed him just incase he didnt get it out.iv bathed him 2x a day for acouple days in 90-100 degree water didnt seem to help much just got his body to want to poop. i gave him a little bit of olive oil to work as lubrication to push it out. then last night i moved my lamp closer to him and he pooped it out. it looked greenish and was solid. i know he is dehydrated and explains the reason it was solid i just want to figure out what type of diet system i can use to help bring him back to 100% strength id really appreciate it thanks

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In addition to the questions Jon has asked ... A complete rundown of your husbandry specs, lighting, temps, diet, size of enclosure, etc would be needed to give members a better idea/feeling of the situation.

You stated that it finally went after your moved the Heat lamp closer, raising the basking temps. What are/were the temps regularly? What type of thermometer are you measuring them with & where exactly (At what points in the enclosure) are the temps being measured from. How long are the lights on prior to the temps being taken.

Pics of the BD & it's enclosure showing the lighting orientation in relation to the rest of the setup would also be a huge help.

Upping the frequency of misting & warm soaks will help with some of the hydration issues.

He may be wanting to Brumate also.

Good Luck

Latest posts