• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragon lost his appetite and hasnt pooped

amberehler

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has not touched his veggies today. We alternate between veggies and roaches. There is protein powder and the dragon bites mixed with the veggies. He also has not pooped today. I did get him to eat half a grape and 1 roach. But im worried because he hasn't really moved from him branch. The branch is under the uv light not the heat lamp. Its between 100 to 110 in his tank and 20-30% humidity. Is it normal to go a day without pooping? He usually goes once a day sometimes twice. Hes a year to a year and an half older. I have only had him for 3 weeks.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Totally normal. Maybe. When i got Bella she pooped once a week for a few months. Then started daily then every other day. Toviah went for a few weeks without pooping. I thought he would explode. He was going into brumation. When he came out he only pooed in the bath once a week for several weeks. Hes now up to 2 poops per week (1 in the bath). If youre concerned try a nice warm soak. Gentle belly rubs. Gentle! Each of mine get finicky about eating veggies. Some days they just dont. Some days Toviah isnt interested in live prey. Or maybe just a few. Bella is a pigl disguised as a bd! One or two days is not reason to panic. Carry on and keep us posted.

Latest posts