• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon lost her will to eat

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So the exotic Vet is finally going to take a look at her next Tuesday. I have replaced her 24 inch T5 HO 10 with the 34 inch. I thought it came with a T5 HO 10, 39 watt bulb, but it came with a T5 HO 5. I adjusted the height to about 8 inches above her basking spot and went with it on Saturday.
All she had been doing is sleeping. I have had to disturb her and put her on her basking tile. She would stay on the tile basking for about 6 hours and then go under her tile. She wasn't eating much other than Silk Worm Pupae. We have bathed her, kept her enclosure clean and just checked on her often. She had a poop, white end then green brown...nice form...with some water around it. It didn't smell any worse than any of her other poops. Certainly not a evacuate the room smell.
Today she ate a lot compared to what has been the norm for the last 3 weeks. She had probably (5) 3/4 inch Dubai Roaches. Maybe 6 inch and a half super worms, along with some salad. She ate some Silk Worm Pupae also and showed interest in a cricket, but then closed her eyes. So, I am hopeful that the light is helping her. Today i replaced her bulb with a new T5 HO 10.0 39 Watt bulb.
If the T 5 is inside the tank 8" is too close -- distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches inside the tank - you will have her hiding from it as it is too strong - if its on top of the screen the screen must be a wide holed type so the rays can get thru and the distance would be 8-10 inches w/ basking decor directly under it on both placements

argodzilla

Hatchling Dragon
So Lena is at the Exotic Vet right now. They just called and said that she looks great and that they are not concerned.
I guess it is just her transitioning from a growing baby into a young adult. They did a poop sample so they need to get those results back, but they think she is a sweet, healthy bearded dragon. It has been more than a month since she went from 700 crickets a week to a few Dubai Roaches and a few leaves of greens each day. They like our cages setup and felt everything was good. Thank goodness! I am happy that they think she is doing well and that she is not longer running between $40 and $70 a week for food.
Thanks everyone!

Latest posts