• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Filemon_2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! This if “filly“ I’ve noticed this orange/red color on his bottom lip and I’m concerned about it, does anyone know what it might be?
Also I attached some photos (he is shedding right now).
Thank you :)

Attachments

• E5CD6536-9095-4BBD-A69D-672626A2D1B3.jpeg
    E5CD6536-9095-4BBD-A69D-672626A2D1B3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 2B2EF82E-35C7-4E2A-ABBE-7CC77D6B7749.jpeg
    2B2EF82E-35C7-4E2A-ABBE-7CC77D6B7749.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! This if “filly“ I’ve noticed this orange/red color on his bottom lip and I’m concerned about it, does anyone know what it might be?
Can you get a pic of the inside of his mouth- is he eating? Is everything else normal ? Basking etc

Filemon_2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you get a pic of the inside of his mouth- is he eating? Is everything else normal ? Basking etc
Here is a pic I can’t really get a good picture, but everything else is fine he’s eating and basking

Attachments

• 5EEF899F-6E8D-491B-9696-A308585CF810.png
    5EEF899F-6E8D-491B-9696-A308585CF810.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is a pic I can’t really get a good picture, but everything else is fine he’s eating and basking
Ok are his gums dark discolored at all? What are you using for a uvb ? Coil? Tube? Basking temps how are you taking them and what are they?

Filemon_2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok are his gums dark discolored at all? What are you using for a uvb ? Coil? Tube? Basking temps how are you taking them and what are they?
His gums look alright, his uvb is coil, and his basking temps are: 95-105 Fahrenheit

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His gums look alright, his uvb is coil, and his basking temps are: 95-105 Fahrenheit
Ok please get rid of the coil ASAP they are no good- please get a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 gallon tank- Zoo Med or Arcadia pro T 5 or a sunblaster nano tech- these are very good uvb's- I would like some one else to look at the mouth so I will see what they say+ in the meantime please replace the uvb--

Filemon_2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok please get rid of the coil ASAP they are no good- please get a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 gallon tank- Zoo Med or Arcadia pro T 5 or a sunblaster nano tech- these are very good uvb's- I would like some one else to look at the mouth so I will see what they say+ in the meantime please replace the uvb--
Thank you for letting me know

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is what was suggested by the person I contacted

Filly has a slight underbite so a tiny bit of pink from the open mouth is visible. Be sure that Filly is getting enough calcium + uvb to prevent it from becoming worse. As it is now it's not going to affect him as long as it doesn't get much worse. You CAN dab a bit of raw honey on it if it seems to look sore at any point but it looks O.K. right now.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please get your UVB replaced and when you do please post back on here so I can help you get it placed for your tank they require certain distance and placement --- depending on the screen w/ him showing signs of the incorrect underbite you want that in the best possible place for UVB rays

Munchie93

Bearded Dragon Egg
Believe it or not, mine had the same exact thing. It was from him/her hitting its mouth off the side of the cage when it catches its food. It went away on its own and it took about a month.

Latest posts