• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon likes chicken...

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Well it happened, cricket shortage here in Vegas. No mediums or large and my dragon won't eat small crickets. Dubias are on order but won't get here for another 3 days. So small pieces of boiled chicken are now his favorite none moving protein. Very rare occurrence for sure though.
Has that happened to anyone else?

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
*We'll try eggs for the weekend, the chicken was a one time thing* (before anyone yells at me lol)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well it happened, cricket shortage here in Vegas. No mediums or large and my dragon won't eat small crickets. Dubias are on order but won't get here for another 3 days. So small pieces of boiled chicken are now his favorite none moving protein. Very rare occurrence for sure though.
Has that happened to anyone else?
Chicken is a good source of food! Lots of people give it to their lizards, the question is though, from where? Leg, thigh and wing meat is good, id stay away from breast meat as its pure protein and you want them to get a variety (some people feed breast meat and thats fine, other cuts have more nutrients though) egg are probably better for digestion though, my beardy loves egg, she maybe gets some every other month :)

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Chicken is a good source of food! Lots of people give it to their lizards, the question is though, from where? Leg, thigh and wing meat is good, id stay away from breast meat as its pure protein and you want them to get a variety (some people feed breast meat and thats fine, other cuts have more nutrients though) egg are probably better for digestion though, my beardy loves egg, she maybe gets some every other month :)
I believe it was from the thigh. We did the scrambled eggs thing this morning (small amount), he seemed to really like them. I'll give him a little more just for breakfast on Sunday and then Dubias should arrive on Monday.

Latest posts