• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon "kibble"

auntiedeb99

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all,

I recently noticed a product at the petstore that claims to be a "complete" diet for a bearded dragon---a "kibble" type food. I also noticed it in the bearded dragon tank at the petstore. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

I am skeptical of such stuff, but, then, I feed my household carnivores all diets based on raw, meaty bones. So, I don't figure I'd ever switch to dragon "kibble". But i am curious if anyone has tried it and what the results were.

Thanks!

Deb A.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's fine to have a round, but my herp vet didn't see any nutritional value in it. Live insects and fresh salad are the best 'complete' diet for your beardie.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I tried this stuff years ago with my first dragon. He wouldn't touch it. It really doesn't have much to offer nutritionally and has almost no moisture content. Dragons get most of their moisture from the foods they eat. Dragons are just much healthier when fed live feeders and fresh greens/veggies.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you have it... feed it to your insects... they will eat that, along with any veggies you give them.

Janie

Latest posts