• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon has gravid behaviour but no eggs

Ifs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,
I'm a new bearded dragon keeper and not sure what to do. My beardie is a 2 year old female who has laid eggs in the past with the previous owner. I've only had her for around 3 months. She has recently started becoming restless in her vivarium and has also been digging in multiple spots. She also hasn't properly eaten in around 2 1/2 weeks, she's only had a couple of locusts and mealworms since then. I'm not too worried about her not eating since I believe she is still a healthy weight (494 grams 17 inches). I thought that she must be gravid but I can't feel any eggs. I have also just replaced her UVB light since I though that could be the problem why she wasn't eating, but it's too soon to say if it has made any difference.
Has anyone else experienced this and could help me out?
Thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all,
I'm a new bearded dragon keeper and not sure what to do. My beardie is a 2 year old female who has laid eggs in the past with the previous owner. I've only had her for around 3 months. She has recently started becoming restless in her vivarium and has also been digging in multiple spots. She also hasn't properly eaten in around 2 1/2 weeks, she's only had a couple of locusts and mealworms since then. I'm not too worried about her not eating since I believe she is still a healthy weight (494 grams 17 inches). I thought that she must be gravid but I can't feel any eggs. I have also just replaced her UVB light since I though that could be the problem why she wasn't eating, but it's too soon to say if it has made any difference.
Has anyone else experienced this and could help me out?
Thanks!
So you cant feel any eggs--- what are you using for a UVB? coil or tube and what are the basking temps? How are you taking them ? Its possible she does have eggs -- you can set up a dig box for her --
LAYBOX potting soil that doesn't have any type of
chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that
the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water
I would put her in it and see what she does -- if shes in it for a few hrs I would put her basking light over her clamp it to the side of the dig box - you can use like plastic tote for that make sure you have something to get a basking temp like a digital probe thermometer --

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! Put a laybox in just in case and then you don't have to worry quite as much. You can also remove it if she chills out. Just add it when it seems like she's looking

Reactions: Ifs

Ifs

Bearded Dragon Egg
So you cant feel any eggs--- what are you using for a UVB? coil or tube and what are the basking temps? How are you taking them ? Its possible she does have eggs -- you can set up a dig box for her --
LAYBOX potting soil that doesn't have any type of
chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that
the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water
I would put her in it and see what she does -- if shes in it for a few hrs I would put her basking light over her clamp it to the side of the dig box - you can use like plastic tote for that make sure you have something to get a basking temp like a digital probe thermometer --
im using uvb tube and her basking temp is around 35 degrees celcius on a digital probe thermometer.

Thank you for the advice I will definitely make a laybox for her.

Latest posts