• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon has been black all day

cherry

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my adult bearded dragon about a week and a half ago. Until today, he has seemed healthy and had a good appetite. Today his beard has been black and he has no interest in eating. I gave him a bath today and his beard turned back to it's normal color, but quickly went back to black after putting him back in his tank.

I did turn on his lights about an hour later than usual so I was wondering that may have had something to do with it?

He also has not pooped since I got him. I have given him baths to try to help but he still hasn't pooped. Could this have something to do with it?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got my adult bearded dragon about a week and a half ago. Until today, he has seemed healthy and had a good appetite. Today his beard has been black and he has no interest in eating. I gave him a bath today and his beard turned back to it's normal color, but quickly went back to black after putting him back in his tank.

I did turn on his lights about an hour later than usual so I was wondering that may have had something to do with it?

He also has not pooped since I got him. I have given him baths to try to help but he still hasn't pooped. Could this have something to do with it?
Not really - please tell me your husbandry of the tank - uvb coil or long tube fixture-- surface basking temps what are they how are you getting them ? No analogs they are inaccurate for surface temps-- he's in distress or pain w/ the black beard- getting your tanks lighting is critical

Latest posts