• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon got respiratory infection?

Hanta

Bearded Dragon Egg
my 1,5 year old female bearded dragon was in good health until this January she began to gasp and her body jerked very hard whenever she does that, I wasn't paying very much attention and now I regret it very much, there's no reptile vet in my country so I'm in a pinch rite now,
here's some pics of her throat
Graphic1-3.jpg

the circled part is somewhat different from its other side (it's not so clear in picture but in reality it looks a little swelled up) so I think it's a clue to her sickness, if someone here have great sympathy please show the pics to a vet if you can, and please ask him how to deal with it
THANK YOU

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I can't really see the difference in the two pictures... You would have to be the one that gets the medicine for it, somehow. I have sympathy for a sick beardie, but me showing a picture to a vet isn't going to do much good... Your beardie has really pretty colors by the way!

And how are you getting it's mouth open :eek: Are you pulling on the beard? Ouch...

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Resp infections can be common. Looking in the throat wont really show much. Symptoms include but are not limited to wheezing, rattle in the chest, watery eyes.
A baytrl solution is needed to knock it out. Make sure your temps are right then increased temps 3 to 5 degrees to make your reptile more comfortable. Remove any water source for now to keep humidity down.

Latest posts