• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon dont grow.

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I got 2 breaded dragons at the se time 2 different places. One is huge the other one doesn't grow hes eats hes active hes lovable but is only 7inchs around 6 months old. The other one is huge.. I have proper Temps and lights. Could it be the bread? These guys might be a month apart.

Attachments

• 20210516_200356.jpg
    20210516_200356.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I got 2 breaded dragons at the se time 2 different places. One is huge the other one doesn't grow hes eats hes active hes lovable but is only 7inchs around 6 months old. The other one is huge.. I have proper Temps and lights. Could it be the bread? These guys might be a month apart.
Are they housed together? Is so this is a problem and they should be separated ASAP---- and this would be the reason- what are you using for a UVB? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them?

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are they housed together? Is so this is a problem and they should be separated ASAP---- and this would be the reason- what are you using for a UVB? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them?
Never been together not even the same room.. during day lil guys basking I'd around 100-104Degrees lost of shade to hide on other side and I have a t5 strip light on a 20 gallon cage.. he eat around 15-20meal worms a day calcium added to water 2x a week. And a soak once a week.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Never been together not even the same room.. during day lil guys basking I'd around 100-104Degrees lost of shade to hide on other side and I have a t5 strip light on a 20 gallon cage.. he eat around 15-20meal worms a day calcium added to water 2x a week. And a soak once a week.
Ok please no more meal worms they are too harsh on his stomach - please get the T 5 w/ no screen directly above 12-15 inches of decor-- please get him some BSFL order large do not dust-- the calcium in the water is not good unless your actually feeding him-- please get another staple besides the BSFL like crickets or dubia roaches-- those need to be dusted 5 x per week once per feeding w/ calcium D 3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding-- he needs salads every morning-- you can use the BSFL as lures to the salad bowl-- he's going to need a bigger tank soon - I recommend a 75-120 gallon-- basking temps are being taken w a digital probe thermometer? I can post websites for insects / worms if you like and a nutrition website as well

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok please no more meal worms they are too harsh on his stomach - please get the T 5 w/ no screen directly above 12-15 inches of decor-- please get him some BSFL order large do not dust-- the calcium in the water is not good unless your actually feeding him-- please get another staple besides the BSFL like crickets or dubia roaches-- those need to be dusted 5 x per week once per feeding w/ calcium D 3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding-- he needs salads every morning-- you can use the BSFL as lures to the salad bowl-- he's going to need a bigger tank soon - I recommend a 75-120 gallon-- basking temps are being taken w a digital probe thermometer? I can post websites for insects / worms if you like and a nutrition website as well
I was doing crickets he will not eat them. Yes to the digital therm. He had stopped eating shortly after I got him and I had to force feed him. I use repti boot with Vitamins. There is a local girl who is having the same problem I think from the same litter. Got hers a week after me and it stopped eating now doesn't grow.. could it be the breed?pictures below are jan. To may. I did find a micro breed very rRw that he looks alot like. And why would one grow normal but not the other with the same set up?

Attachments

• 20210131_120850.jpg
    20210131_120850.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 20210318_190327.jpg
    20210318_190327.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • 20210418_184513.jpg
    20210418_184513.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • 20210501_175139.jpg
    20210501_175139.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was doing crickets he will not eat them. Yes to the digital therm. He had stopped eating shortly after I got him and I had to force feed him. I use repti boot with Vitamins. There is a local girl who is having the same problem I think from the same litter. Got hers a week after me and it stopped eating now doesn't grow.. could it be the breed?pictures below are jan. To may. I did find a micro breed very rRw that he looks alot like. And why would one grow normal but not the other with the same set up?
Hes a pretty little thing but looks like a normal dragon to me--- and that last pic is that recently? OMG if it is-- I cant answer that question -- but I am going to see if I can find out -- the dragons have the same set up ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would get him some dubia roaches then -- some dragons do not like crickets my oldest one did not like them and his breeder was feeding them to him when I got him but switched right after I got him per vets advice--
www.dubiaroaches.com hes too small for meal worms - they can impact him and w/ the amount your feeding I am afraid that might happen --- BSFL are good to feed www.symptonbsf.com order large and DO NOT DUST them -- you will need to dust the dubias tho--- feed as many as you want w/ the BSFL-- has he shed at all since you got him?

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hes a pretty little thing but looks like a normal dragon to me--- and that last pic is that recently? OMG if it is-- I cant answer that question -- but I am going to see if I can find out -- the dragons have the same set up ?
Yes that is him as of May first. He did a full body shed since then but it was his first full body shed. Yes Same setup but now the bigger one has been moved to a 120gallon tank. He was getting to big for the 20 gallon. I have called vets within an hour drive and no one is taking new reptiles. I've been at a loss for months.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Other than him being small is there any other issues you’re having with him? His skin looks healthy and hes not skinny or anything, can u take a picture of his eyes ?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Some beardies are small, but then theres your guy whose teeny tiny.

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
No other issues seems very healthy poops and pees normal loves to be held.. very alert and energetic. Will only eat crickets once in a while.pic below of his eyes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-170734_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-170734_Gallery.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 79

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
His eyes look good, he looks hydrated but Idk if im buying these two beardies are the same age, I apologize if im wrong, but he is just so small,.. how can they be the same age.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Yes that is him as of May first. He did a full body shed since then but it was his first full body shed. Yes Same setup but now the bigger one has been moved to a 120gallon tank. He was getting to big for the 20 gallon. I have called vets within an hour drive and no one is taking new reptiles. I've been at a loss for months.
He may just be a pogona minor (dwarf dragon)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is what a breeder responded to the pics I sent of your dragon
I asked her if he was a different breed and she said this

No, just a very small runt. Some do well despite a slow start in life so hopefully this little dude will be one of them

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is what a breeder responded to the pics I sent of your dragon
I asked her if he was a different breed and she said this

No, just a very small runt. Some do well despite a slow start in life so hopefully this little dude will be one of them
Thank you so much he is so sweet and very loved.. my lil dude.. I hope he grows but if not he's still perfect. He did become calcium deficient early on so I force fed him and he got better. He had just stopped eating . He now only eats vegetables and meal worms occasionally cricket.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much he is so sweet and very loved.. my lil dude.. I hope he grows but if not he's still perfect. He did become calcium deficient early on so I force fed him and he got better. He had just stopped eating . He now only eats vegetables and meal worms occasionally cricket.
He is too small for meal worms -- please get him some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com do not dust them they are calcium enriched-- add them to his salads feed as many as he wants - another good staple feeder are dubiaroaches they will need to be dusted w/ calcium D 3 5 x per day ONCE per feeding and vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding--
www.dubiaroaches.com

Latest posts