• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Diet Nutritional Information

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The more variety you can offer them, the better it is. That will keep nutritional deficiencies to a minimum and usually keeps what you are talking about from happening.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Except that information listed in that table about butterworms and hornworms. Ugh. Im not sure how that exact same information just gets regurgitated by people over and over again. Looks like a few of the live foods listed there could use some work though. Seems like they may have not been careful when comparing various dry matter or wet matter measurements (listing the earthworms as 62% protein for instance).

This one is a little better for some common feeder inverts (with the exception of the same silly information about hornworms)

http://www.elevageslisard.com/resou..._Feeder_Insect_Nutritional _Content_Chart.pdf

grayliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Anyone know about feeding lavender occasionally? It’s in the mint family, which is on the list?

Nathan Vanderslice

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have to agree. I have not done a whole lot with beardies, but this has been a great guide. I've seen I think either this one of another one on I think what was the "original" "bearded dragon forum". I had been there off and on a few times and then couldn't find it. The one I did find was a bit different than the one I had originally found and then found this one. I do have a query about alfalfa for beardies. My understanding that the plant IS a good staple but not the sprouts as they don't have the nutrition. two things I've found are that the sprout seeds are not quite the same as the regular alfalfa seeds. For one, the regular have, or may have chemicals or additives. What I can't find now is something I just saw suggested that alfalfa sprout seeds will not give you the nutritional value of regular alfalfa seeds. I'd also be interested to find out if anyone's tried feeding their beardies alfalfa and whether they have had any success. Thanks.

AK Paul

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded is a little over a year old and she still isn't eating greens like she should. I have tried almost every kind of green there is the only thing she will eat are peas. Thats all the green she will eat any ideas on how to get her to eat more greens?