• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragon colours

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all, l'm new here and new to bearded dragons. I have just applied for a basic licence. I have an enclosure and everything l need except for a UV bulb. Anyway, what l really want to know is colouring of bearded dragons. A pet shop guy told me that northerns turn red as they get older. Is this true? The ones l have seen are all babys and northerns and easterns look the same. Do they all change colour as they get bigger and how will l know what colour they will turn?
Cheers
Jane

tdharris70

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow I didn't know you needed a license to keep dragons in the uk :) Very interesting. From what I have seen and read they stay basically the same color at least mine have :D

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Colors can fade or enhance with sheds. Several different ''morphs'' are available and it is best to deal with a reputable breeder when you want something in particular. Always request to see pictures of the parents so you can compare them to the dragon you are purchasing. Also, try to get an accurate length & weight so you can compare those numbers to the dragons hatch date.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
if you go with the inland they are easier in captivity adn come in tons of colors and patterns from breeders but inlands do tend to be more yellow or orange in the wild but most normal wild dragons are just grey if you want a color you gotta get it from a breeder

RavenRose

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ya dont need a liscense here, i didnt realise in some countries that you had to have one. Is there a reason??

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If a animal is considered an exotic to a country a license is required. As far as importing goes, only a certain amount of animals are allowed to be imported, quarantined & sold every year.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Basically in australia you need a license for everything except having a human baby, any drongo can do that.......

Latest posts