• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Christmas Guide

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yes, I'm aware it's only November, but I'm impatient and a lot of this stuff is on sale for the whole month.

Want to surprise your beardie (or other reptile) this holiday season? Why not spoil them with the gifts listed below? As a loyal Lizard Slave, it’s up to you to provide your Little Master with everything they desire or face their wrath.
I’m very against holiday stuff before December (It messes with my head)… The only reason I posted so early is because many of these things are much cheaper right now.
So, without further ado, enjoy these (mostly) inexpensive and fun things to get your lovely little lizard!

1. Advent Calendar
Want to give your lizard some Christmas fun? Make them an advent calendar! You can take a large piece of fleece and sew small fleece pockets onto it. Put a number on each of the pockets. Every day, put a treat (worms, fruit, or a toy) inside one of the pockets and let your beardie pull it out. There are also mass-produced pet advent calendars available on Amazon and in certain stores.

1. A soft, cozy bed or blanket
Sew or buy your beardie a snuggly bed to stay warm in! There are many great video tutorials on how to make beds (try searching “DIY cuddle cup”). If your beardie likes to curl up to sleep, try a cuddle cup-style bed. If they seem to enjoy stretching out, get a longer, rectangular bed or pillow. You can make your own or buy a custom one online. You can also buy premade ones at pet stores or Amazon.

1. Treat Worms
Beardies love worms! Hornworms, silkworms, waxworms, super worms, BSFL, and butterworms all make great gifts for your beardie. For extra fun, wrap them up in a thin paper bag and your beardie can tear them open! Wrapping presents like this provides enrichment and encourages hunting/foraging. If you don’t want to buy expensive feeders, many of these worms can be found online in canned or freeze-dried versions.

1. Commercial Treats
Repashy has some of the best commercial foods available. For beardie treats, I recommend their Grub Pie and Banana Cream Pie gel mixes. Both are a bit expensive, so you may have to splurge a bit. Banana Cream Pie is probably the most pleasant smelling commercial food out there for those of you concerned about the stink.

1. Decor
A new hidey house, climbing branch, or tunnel provides hours of fun, safety, and enrichment for beardies. There are many different styles you can buy, and you can even make your own with foam. You can also get backgrounds for tanks that reptiles can climb on.

1. Crumpled wrapping paper
Some beardies like to crinkle paper. If yours is one of those, crumble up some cute leftover wrapping paper and give it to them to play with (and destroy). They might also enjoy ringing bells as long as they aren’t too loud.

1. A hammock
If your beardie doesn’t have one already, a hammock can make a wonderful addition to the tank. Hammocks mainly come in three different materials: Fleece, rope, or mesh. The fleece ones seem the most comfy and can be made at home for under $15. Make sure to wash the fleece 3-5 times before using it, otherwise it won’t wick away moisture. I like to leave one corner open and slip a puppy pad inside the hammocks for extra protection. If you have a loose substrate, avoid blizzard fleece and thick, soft materials-especially minky and sherpa type fabrics.

1. A huge playpen. Here’s a great one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Amakunft-Breathable-Transparent-Chinchillas-Hedgehogs/dp/B07PGNH335/ref=sr_1_5?crid=4I89BCEWOXAO&dchild=1&keywords=small+animal+playpen&qid=1604368996&sprefix=Small+animal+pla,aps,215&sr=8-5

1. A CHE (and an appropriate fixture) to keep your beardie warm during the wintertime.

1. A treat ball for some fun and enrichment.

1. A pinkie mouse or other treat foods for a festive dinner.

1. A warm bath, followed by a massage and cuddle while watching the Little Master’s favorite TV show.

1. Excavator clay.

1. I found these on Amazon recently, I thought they would be a fun addition to bathtime: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S9GRV39/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A2TIWIZI56N43L&psc=1. There are many similar products with less or more floaties per pack, and you may be able to find them individually at a dollar store.

1. A rope bridge or swing (check the bird aisle of your pet store).

1. A skull. The Little Masters enjoy perching on the bones of their defeated enemies.

1. Flavored water-mix a tiny bit of plain fruit juice with some water. A great New Year’s treat.

1. Stickers to decorate the tank. You can make your own, buy generic stickers, or buy custom ones from Etsy with your pets’ name on them.

1. Crayola window markers. They let you draw on the tank. Not recommended for humid or aquatic tanks because the drawings won’t crystallize (you can also get non-crystallizing ones). They are easy to wipe off and are a great way to get kids involved in decorating a reptile’s tank. https://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Window-Markers-Crystal-Effects/dp/B006E5TAFQ/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=38XPSTQRDSTNX&dchild=1&keywords=crayola+window+markers&qid=1603853626&sprefix=crayola+win,aps,247&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRzNMMVlERkRaWUQ1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjY4MDA4MVBaTjI2SUcwM1FNQSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDQxOTA4M1E4UkdBSjVZSTJIViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
  2. A new tank and some cool accessories if your beardie needs an upgrade. Petco's big tank sale is happening right now.
  3. A leg-shaped basking light fixture.
  4. A stylish dig box.
  5. A travel carrier.
  6. A Christmas tree made from greens (This video can be adapted to your pets’ preferences and dietary needs)
    For ornaments, pop some feeder bugs (worms work best) in the fridge for a bit to slow them down and stick them in the tree right before serving.
  7. A festive winter plushie to cuddle with.

Want to sing some carols to your lizard? This award-winning song is perfect for you: https://aminoapps.com/c/reptiles/pa...rickets/X0pQ_pZvfguj0VDl6RkgREWrZD74MaNGdxYiv