• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon ate MASSIVE hornworm

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Mars, my bearded dragon, is 1-year-old (estimated) and 16 inches. This evening I fed her some dubias and then was going to give her a hornworm. I'd say it was about 3 inches. I was going to cut it up so she could handle it better, but then she ran out of her tank and gobbled up the whole thing. Now she's gasping a lot, but it's a habit she tends to have after eating. I'm not sure why. We have checked with vets and they have confirmed she doesn't have an RI. But is she going to be ok?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mars, my bearded dragon, is 1-year-old (estimated) and 16 inches. This evening I fed her some dubias and then was going to give her a hornworm. I'd say it was about 3 inches. I was going to cut it up so she could handle it better, but then she ran out of her tank and gobbled up the whole thing. Now she's gasping a lot, but it's a habit she tends to have after eating. I'm not sure why. We have checked with vets and they have confirmed she doesn't have an RI. But is she going to be ok?
She is an adult so hornworms are soft so hopefully it's not going to effect her+ keep an eye out for a black beard and watch her poops -

Latest posts