• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon ate a water balloon

Laxmomut

Bearded Dragon Egg
Last night our dragon ate a water ballon that was on the floor. I read somewhere to mix some olive oil with his food and give him warm baths. The dragon is about 14 months old. Its my 7 year olds dragon and I'm scared he won't pass the balloon. He pooped a little bit in the bath this morning but not much & ate some veggies and about 10 crickets after. Anyone have experience with this? Any other suggestions? How long does it take them to pass something?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would be very concerned about this. I think you should call a vet.

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah, not sure his body will pass something like that. The olive oil and baths are more for compaction from eating a bit of sand, worms or insects that are too big. A balloon wont pass well at all. Its too big and rubber does not digest. Not to mention the chemicals in the rubber you don't want him to take in. I'd really get him to a vet soon.