• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beard Update

Demonatrix

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, everyone! I know its been a while since Ive been on. I got a new job and have been super busy! I wanted to update on how Beard is doing.
After his baytril injections he seemed to be doing ok but then went back to the way he was so we did a second round of injections and once again it seemed to work but was still showing some symptoms. For those who don't know or just don't remember I found Beard on the side of the road a few months ago and when I took him to the vet I found out he had pneumonia in his left lung. So after these failed attempts I decided to give him a break from the meds since he seemed worse then before. He stopped eating anything and just laid around all the time. I did some research and put together this slurry that I found on a bearded dragon website and wow! In just a few days he was eating again, active, yellow and white coloring rather then a dark black/brown, and his drippy nose even dried up and it seems like he is almost all better! In a couple weeks I will be taking him back to the vet to check him again.

He seems so much happier now!
This is what I put in his slurry:
Reptaid
Pedialyte
Squash Baby food
Liquid Calcium
Liquid B Complex
Acidophiliz+
Powdered Alfalfa

I feed him .8 cc a day, I offer him greens everyday but will only eat the dandelion or turnip greens, and every other day I offer roaches.

I put together a collage of pics from July to now to see the change in color since I started doing this.

Attachments

• BEARD.jpg
    BEARD.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

Demonatrix

Hatchling Dragon
Well I went on a business trip for 10 days and when I got back he was not doing good (even tho the people caring for him did a great job) I took him to the vet the next day and they put him on Fortaz and did tons more tests. So far he seems ok, he has more pin worms then he should so he is going to be put on stuff for that. We are waiting on the cultures to come back before we do anything else. So far w just the Fortaz he seems to be doing much better. I hope this takes care of it! The last vet I went to didn't do a very good job so this vet only works w exotics and so far has been amazing.