• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BD smelly is this natural

lyndz

Hatchling Dragon
Ha all, jeb has a light smell about him kind of like a light urine smell. It's not always there that I can tell. His tank is keeps clean all food and BM's removed daily, but he hates bath time (maby once a week) and he tolerates a spray down!
Any ideas? Reptile cleaner?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386710253.494285.jpg

Jon Macintosh

Juvenile Dragon
Are his bowel movements smelly as well? If so, that could be a sign of parasites.

Otherwise - to assist in ridding the smell, continue the baths but try using a baby toothbrush, no other kind, and lightly scrub him.
After a few times (so weeks) the smell should subside.

This isn't uncommon.

lyndz

Hatchling Dragon
Ok yes his BM's are smell but the always have bin I have noticed a few un digested legs in his bm in the last few days. Should I bath daily??

Jon Macintosh

Juvenile Dragon
I assume you mean cricket legs?

I wouldn't advise bathing daily - but then again some people do!
To assist with the smell I would go 2-3x per week as a maximum.

Personally I only do weekly soaks and Merlin doesn't have a "foul" smell.

lyndz

Hatchling Dragon
Yes I mean cricket legs
I just gave him a warm bath as per the thread on bathing and he enjoyed it after he did a massive poop.
So ill up date in a week or so

Latest posts