• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bathtime

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I gave Puff his first bath today.
It was extremely uneventful :( He stood there in one spot, wouldn't move, and just gave me the "What the hell are you doing?" stink-eye. I tried to play around with him and have a little fun but he just didn't seem too into it.
He didn't even drink any.
Are all beardies like this during their first bathtime?

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'll definitely try again and again and again!
I'm sure after a few weeks of baths he'll enjoy them.
I'd like to see him swim!

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my girl loves bathtime especially if i let the tap run verry lightly she uses it like a shower and splashes me with her tail , she is 3 though and for a 1st bath yours may take awhile to figure out its fun its new to them and im sure you know how well they like change :p

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Now what temperature should the water be? because I was told lukewarm but he looked so cold!

LeslieA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Be patient your new baby will get used to it. We've had our baby for about 4 weeks now I think. And he belongs to my daughter so she's responsible for the bathtime. The first one he had he just sat there, like what the heck is this. Now he spends his entire time trying to get out. And it is rather comical. We use an old glass pie dish for his bathtub at the moment. My daughter has to have her hands near to catch him when he takes a run for it. He does seem to like having drops of water put on his head though. And we offer him some greens too. Good Luck!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, just chiming in to be patient. Some beardies grow to love their baths, others don't. As long as he is not fighting to get out, you are fine. Soak him in 95F water for 20 minutes at a time. Maybe one day, he'll be swimming around.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i had my first experience with a grumpy girl that did NOT want a soak (they are all in brumation so i had to wake each of them up for bath time). Bella was very unhappy with me for waking her and when i tried to get her out of the bath she decided she wanted to show me who was boss and came after my hand like it was a dubia dipped in strawberries lol. once i caught and subdued her (beardie burrito lol) she continued to gape and hiss at me till back in her cage. Than she basked for about 20 minutes and crawled her but right back in her cave lol.

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
i had my first experience with a grumpy girl that did NOT want a soak (they are all in brumation so i had to wake each of them up for bath time). Bella was very unhappy with me for waking her and when i tried to get her out of the bath she decided she wanted to show me who was boss and came after my hand like it was a dubia dipped in strawberries lol. once i caught and subdued her (beardie burrito lol) she continued to gape and hiss at me till back in her cage. Than she basked for about 20 minutes and crawled her but right back in her cave lol.

LMAO that woulda been a sight, Im so used to them being laid back havent ever had that happen , although I havent gone through a brumation with any of mine ;)

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! :D

I haven't seen Puff poop since I brought him home and I've been a little worried. So I ran another bath for him just now. Not even 5 minutes of a little swimming and he let out the biggest deposit ever! Seriously, it was masssiiivveee.
Phew, now I am so relieved you have no idea! ;P
And I bet he feels a little better too!!

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wiiiroc said:
I gave Puff his first bath today.
It was extremely uneventful :( He stood there in one spot, wouldn't move, and just gave me the "What the hell are you doing?" stink-eye. I tried to play around with him and have a little fun but he just didn't seem too into it.
He didn't even drink any.
Are all beardies like this during their first bathtime?

Sid dose this every time. The person i got him from said she never gave him a bath she just ran water over him. But I have been soaking him every other day since I got him and he just sits the staring at me. I have left him alone for a few thinking he might just want to check it out on his own but he still dosnt seem interested. Now when I drain the tub he starts trying to get out but other then that you will see no movement from him. But I figure he will learn to like it. I haven't seen him drink from it at all yet but I have read that they absorb some of the water so we will see.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keep at it Ewood. He'll come around, hopefully. Most dragons love their baths, but some just never get to liking it. Based on yours history, it will be a waiting game. And yes, it is believed that they will hydrate by soaking in a bath.

Latest posts