• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bathtime Outside

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice and warm, right? I decided to take Allie outside for a bath in her tub. It's warm, nice, and beautiful. Sunshine. (I figured I'd work around a little here and there while keeping an eye out on her.) I was working and went over to check on her about two or three minutes later. She looked okay and then I took off the screen lid, felt the water. Perfect, noticed urates, and took her out. She had some on her mouth. :mad: I don't think she opened her mouth and ingested any. (It wasn't a lot.)

So I cleaned her very good and when I got her inside, she gave the evilest eye she could muster followed by a deep black beard. (Very unhappy. SO the new lesson is: Allie hates outside bathtime. )

Firemaro

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 11 beardies and all of them love the water. Mine also use the water as a toliet (warm water does great things). Was she pouting from being taking away from her outside time?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Ha! I also wonder if she was just mad at you for cutting short her outside bath time. I gave Dexter an outside bath a few weeks ago. She always poops in the water so I brought out two tubs one for her to poop in and one for her to play in! She LOVED it!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Firemaro: Yes
PatsyB: Should've thought about that. :D

MichelleGordon

Bearded Dragon Egg
We just rescued our beardie - who was abandoned outside near a ball field - - he's doing great - but he poops in his food bowl, and likes sleeping in his water dish... is this normal? (his cage is not too hot)

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I wouldn't have a water dish in the enclosure in the first place. BD's hardly EV-R drink water from a bowl. Your BD should be getting plenty of hydration through greens and live feeders if gut loaded properly. If I were you, I would take out the Water Bowl Michelle. Plus water in your BD's enclosure will create very unwanted moisture that could very seriously harm your BD with respiratory problems. Do your BD a favor and delete the water dish.

The food bowl, try re-locating it in the enclosure and see what happens.

Latest posts