• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bathing

xmass

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
just wondering bout bathing aswell
should the water be cold or warm??? and is a bathroom sink ok to do it in??
Dude has no troble sheding
but when i got him his tail was missing the end and somtimes the skin can get abit stuck there
so i thought it may help alil!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Water to the shoulders, either a cloth or your hand under for traction, water temp (in F not C) 90-100*, length of time in bath- 15-20 minutes.
Janie :D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Janie summed it up.

Yes, baths help the shedding process and offer a bit of relief from the itchies, but baths are also good for hydrating your beardie. For beardies under 6 months, I recommend daily baths. Older beardies can go once a week.

Yes, your sink is fine. Make sure you disinfect it when finished.

xmass

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey
ummm he hated it to start with he wiggled like a worm!! hehe but after a min or so he was ok he was breathing abit heavey so i made it a small one only bout 5 mins.. but i think he liked it in the end!!!
thanks heaps!!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent. Keep at it. He'll get used to it and love it. You'll also learn how to gauge the water temp to his liking.