• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bathing!

how often should i bathe him!

• once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • once a day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dingo!

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I wasent sure how often i should bathe my bearded? I let him swim yeasterday but im not sure how often any advice thanks!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We bath Harley every second day for a soak and then a swim then a poop !

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Currently all three of mine are bathed daily, since all of them are in shed. Gemini gets daily regardless since he poos only in the bath.
Janie.

D00UUBLEB

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My 4 month old dragon hates the water and doesn't have a poop problem so so he gets 1 dip per week.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most young dragons do not like their baths. Give it time. They eventually come around. For a 4 month old, I would bathe him every other day. It helps with the shedding process and helps him get used to it.

Don't get discouraged by his rants. Bernie used to through a tantrum. The water would make tidel waves as I help him (gently). ;D He eventually calmed down and loved his bath, swam around, and puffed when I took him out of the bath.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I put a water bowl in with my poopers from day 1. Almost every one spends at least a part of the day in the bowl. It all comes down to what a dragon is exposed to from hatching I believe. water, greens, being handled, ect.

athena

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
Most young dragons do not like their baths. Give it time. They eventually come around.

Sandrin never came around, and he hated it so much, we gave up. He has a water bowl in the viv 24x7 because i always leave a few fresh leaves in it for him in nibble at his leisure -- but he only occasionally and accidentally walks through it [usually when he's hunting down a stray leftover cricket]. While i wouldn't go out on a limb and recommend giving up on baths, i also have to say that Sandrin has always been healthy and is now over 13 years old, so i'm not sure i'd force baths on a dragon who continues to be stressed out by them.

athena

D00UUBLEB

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You now I'm glad you said your dragon doesn't like the water because Little Spike absolutely hates it. So much so, that he started to puff his little beard at me this weekend. I might try once more this week but I'm afraid he's going to think he getting a bath eachtime I go to pick him up. As it is, he speedys around the tank until I get him to climb onto my fingers.

To combat the lack of bathing I place a large water area in the tank which he occassional runs through when hunting his crickets.

Any suggestions or is he just going to be a stubborn little beardie?

amygeee

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yesterday, i gave my very first bearded dragon her very first bath.
i must say, we both had a great time. :)
i left her in there while i scratched her head for around five minutes
because she is a youngin', but she enjoyed every minute of it!
she sat there with her eyes closed smiling and calm.
ahhh i was so excited, thanks for the advice about when to bathe
her and about water temps, janie. :)

D00UUBLEB

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Showering - hmm... I don't know about that simply because if the still water bothers him I can't see him enjoying it being dripped on him either. I think I'm just going to try once a week until he either gets used to it or I'll just forget it for now until he gets a bit older.

Has anyone ever tried to shower a beardie?

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I haven't taken him in the shower yet because he had a hurt foot, but I am going to try it on Chuck. He really doesn't seem to like his bath very much, but he loves to be sprayed with the water and will even do a little dance while you spray him. He spins and everything. He really seems to like the sprinkling of the water on him. He will even lay in the puddles that form, but if you put him water that covers his feet he seems to get upset and tries to jump out of the water. So when he gets a little bigger, he's pretty small, and his foot is all better we are going to try him in the shower and see if he likes that better.

Latest posts