• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bathing!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Water works good. Plain unadulterated water. Actually it's more like soaking. Some beardies like it some don't. Introduce him slowly. Don't make it too deep not pass the shoulders. On the warm side but not hot. Five or 10 minutes. More if he likes it

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes, just plain water. When Luci seems a little nervous to be in the bath I will let him old on to my finger to give him some security. When Dexter was small I had an resin fishtank decoration that I would put in with her and she could climb out of the water if she got to scared.

rybreadd33

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, just plain water. When Luci seems a little nervous to be in the bath I will let him old on to my finger to give him some security. When Dexter was small I had an resin fishtank decoration that I would put in with her and she could climb out of the water if she got to scared.
Thank you great idea! This forum is a big help !

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just make sure you dry them off real good afterwards so they don't catch a draft. I make sure that I very gently wipe the area around their ears so water doesn't sit in get in there.

Kayla

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie has always hated baths and the only way I can get her to actually enjoy one is if I'm in there with her. Mind you it is a good bonding experience and she seems to really like them now