• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bathing and Shedding

Cotter81

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am sure that I seen this already but can't seem to find the thread where I think I seen it. My Beardie is shedding big time right now and I know that baths and misting them can help with the discomfort. How much is too much for bathing and misting or what is recommended? I want her to be as comfortable as possible during the shedding but don't want to hurt her in the process by getting her wet too much. Thanks.

Heather

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Misting/Bathing: A twice weekly misting from head to tail with a fine spray mister of room temperature water helps hydration and shedding. Two or three times a month let your dragon have a bath in chest deep warm water, not too hot. Dragons seem to enjoy soaking and it may help to assist in hydration & clearing of minor impactions or constipation. Dragons will often defecate in the bath water, change the water immediately and run a fresh bath, they will only soil their water once on most occasions. Baths are ideal prior to allowing your dragon out of the enclosure as it helps to prevent "accidents". Do not leave your dragon unattended!

Read More: http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/basic-bd-care-sheet-a-place-to-start.5177/