• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bath time!!

Andrewlloyd

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey guys,
im just wondering how do you know if your beardie is liking his bath time?

I gave Chace a bath today, he moves around in there kinda flicking with one arm, as if he is trying to put water onto his back, bo no water comes up when he does it.
He moves around a bit splashing and looking up to me like he wants to eat me "evil eyes" !

There is no aggression though when i come close or go to pick him up..

Any thoughts?

Cheers

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
it doesnt sound like he is being aggresive in any way sounds like he enjoys it ;D but put something in there with him to stand on if he feels a bit wary of it i usually use a spare rock i have got and put the beardie on the rock, and that then gives them the choice to either jump in and have a swim or sit on the rock and let you bath them.
paul

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I third that. Sounds like he is having a good time. How big is his bath tub? I'd be curious if he would swim if given the opportunity.

Andrewlloyd

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I put a couple of fash washers down on the floor, so he feels a bit more steady.
Not sure on the size of it, its just my laundry sink, mayb 70cm x 30cm? im not really sure, but i will give that rock idea a shot.

Renee said:
I third that. Sounds like he is having a good time. How big is his bath tub? I'd be curious if he would swim if given the opportunity.

I thought you could only have the water up to armpits length.. am i able to see if he will swim? or will this frighten him to much?

Cheers guys

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keep it to his arm pits. Bernie would flatten himself out and go for a swim. Yours may be a bit young for this yet. As they get older and bigger, the water is deep enough for a swim.

Latest posts