• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking Temps.

ryano

Bearded Dragon Egg
The area I have where my bearded dragon basks is similar to rock and absorbs heat. I have a temp gun and have had the Temps on the rock around 105. My dragon is 6 months old and I believe under weight. It is 150 grams right now. Also it only eats about once a day and only 4 to 5 roaches at a time. I offer veggies and fruit often but it never touches them. I am thinking the reason for the low appetite is the heat. Today I put a piece of wood down in its basking spot and the temp between the wood and rock is about 20 degrees different. What temp should I be going off of?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The area I have where my bearded dragon basks is similar to rock and absorbs heat. I have a temp gun and have had the Temps on the rock around 105. My dragon is 6 months old and I believe under weight. It is 150 grams right now. Also it only eats about once a day and only 4 to 5 roaches at a time. I offer veggies and fruit often but it never touches them. I am thinking the reason for the low appetite is the heat. Today I put a piece of wood down in its basking spot and the temp between the wood and rock is about 20 degrees different. What temp should I be going off of?

A temp of 100-107 is where it should be for him. Could you post a picture of him as that will be easier for us to gauge the weight as well as your set up. Remember dubia are fantastic feeders so 4-5 really isn't that bad considering 1 roach = 6 crickets
Also make sure your UVB is good what are you using for your UVB? if it's a T8 those need replacing every 6 months if it's a T5 those are good for close to a year. Also make sure your basking light and your UVB are overlapping some as that is required for proper digestion and the way the body changes D3 into calcium.

ryano

Bearded Dragon Egg
A temp of 100-107 is where it should be for him. Could you post a picture of him as that will be easier for us to gauge the weight as well as your set up. Remember dubia are fantastic feeders so 4-5 really isn't that bad considering 1 roach = 6 crickets
Also make sure your UVB is good what are you using for your UVB? if it's a T8 those need replacing every 6 months if it's a T5 those are good for close to a year. Also make sure your basking light and your UVB are overlapping some as that is required for proper digestion and the way the body changes D3 into calcium.
Ok. I have included a picture if my setup. Lights from left to right are. 50 watt Basking light (temp at closest surface is 100. Then there is a compact 26 watt reptiles glow 10, then a 13 watt reptiles glow 5, then a 100 watt Basking (temp on closest surface 115.
19ea05b8f709e035bc3e1e30fa25dbff.jpg
b61648d7182075c997c63ec85470532b.jpg

Latest posts