• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

basking temp

petcrazy16

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am confused my beardie is 8 months old now. I am unsure what temp under the basking light should be. some say say 40c others say 38 c. as a baby I kept him around 41c. what is the correct basing temp for him now he is now 8 months old thank you in advance for your help spikey now pic
GEDC0446.JPG

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Best substrates to use are tiles, easy to clean and absorbs heat well, you can find these at your local hardware store. Other options include newspaper or paper towels very easy to clean up and replace although they are not attractive looking as tiles. Reptile carpet is another one but I really do not recommend because their toes can easily get snagged which can result an injury. Shelf liner or adhesive shelf liner can find these pretty much anywhere.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Best substrates to use are tiles, easy to clean and absorbs heat well, you can find these at your local hardware store. Other options include newspaper or paper towels very easy to clean up and replace although they are not attractive looking as tiles. Reptile carpet is another one but I really do not recommend because their toes can easily get snagged which can result an injury. Shelf liner or adhesive shelf liner can find these pretty much anywhere.
NON adhesive shelf liner. You don't want the adhesive kinds in a heated tank with a pet.