• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking spot too low?

Savannah

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! Loki's been doing awesome. He's a big eater and he has regular BMs, but I noticed that when he is basking, he is often in this position:

6IpA8jF.jpg

His basking spots are 6 inches from the uvb and around 7 inches from the lamps (I have a heat light and a ceramic heat light; it's the only way to keep the temps up) and his basking spots stay a consistent 108-112 degrees.....but he seems like he's trying to get closer to the lamps. If I modify his branch to sit higher it will be 3-4 inches from the uvb and maybe 4 or 5 inches from the heat lamps...is that too close? Or should I just leave everything as it is?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, i wouldnt worry about his quest for higher ground. The temps you are providing are perfect for him.

Very pretty dragon btw.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
If you want to get him on that log more, take out the hammock until he is older. I barely have anything in my enclosure that would distract him from what he needs to be doing naturally. You get what I'm saying?

Latest posts