• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

basking bulb

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
so ive been through 3 bulbs so far in like a month and a half and its starting to get a little ridiculous.ive tried zoo med and zilla products and both products have a bad bulb life.when i had my monitor theses bulbs would last me like 3 months.i thought i seen a thread that said i could use a flood light.so my qusetion is,is this safe because that would save me a bunch of money haha.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I use two types of bulbs for heat. A 45w Phillips halogen flood light bulb and a 40w Incandescent bulb..... You can check out my build on the Tropic Thunder build if you like. Total cost for bulbs ($9) and porcelain fixtures (2 x $2 ea.) was about $13 total at Home Depot. I used my old Lava lamp 18" fixture for my Reptisun 10.0 UVB (German glass is best!). So far I have not had any problems, knock on wood. Sometimes is the brand that you buy that makes a world of difference too.

Latest posts