• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking area is not hot enough

RyanA

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are in the process of setting up a Ecoflex 4x2x2. We are looking to get everything set up correctly before we get our first BD, hopefully, next week.

We have a T5 Arcadia 14% under the mesh which means we need 15" from the UVB to the basking area if I understand it correctly. In hindsight, we should have probably got a 12% and raised the basking spot, however, we can't return the 14% UVB and I would rather not purchase another one if I can make the 14% work.

I have two dimmable 8.5" cans at 150W on top of the mesh for basking, however, we cannot seem to get the basking area warm enough considering the distance which is approximately 18". We can achieve 93 degrees.

Because the cans are 8.5" in diameter they don't sit close to each other, should we return and look at getting a dual dome and put a dimmer on it if needed? The bulbs we have a Zoo med 150W basking.

Appreciate any feedback. Just want to get this right before getting our BD. Thx

Latest posts