• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basic setup

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
uploadfromtaptalk1403989705278.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
We were going to get those same bricks at Menards! You need to get the closer to the UVB. At least 6 inches but if there is a screen 4".

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
The uv is not in the pic. I have it on magnets so it kind of floats midwag throughout the hot side. The light s are a 150w a 50w and this great led light that gives off a crazy 23k lumens and produces no heat. Its super bright with the uv so I took it out for a picture. But good spot lol

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
it is like* a mini sun. I dont plan for them to be in there much longer. waiting a couple more months and then making custom vivs for them. I have a large enough space thats not really being used. I want to put the uv on the ceiling but with this particular set up its not efficient.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's really using the litter box? That's so cool! I would try that with Luci but he would just throw the sand all around his tank, LOL!

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Do you have the specs for the light (the mini sun one)? The problem with LEDs generally are the limited spectrum on them. Each one has a very limited wavelength, so even though it may look 'white' to us, it doesnt usually look so for the dragon. Since that light is so very bright, you want to make sure its one with a good spectrum so that the dragon can see naturally.

Latest posts