• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Banyon is gone

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Banyon is gone. I dont know what to do with myself now. Misdiagnosis? Weak from worms? IDK. I thought when he pooped that things were getting better. Nothing changed but then today he was weak and then weaker and I panicked and by the time I got to his vet (its a half hour drive) it was too late. I didnt even bother going inside. Just a FYI I have shared so much about him here on this forum. Thanks for listening.

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
Omg im so sorry you lost Banyon! I teared up when I read this! Thank you for all the amazing tips you've given me. Youre in my thoughts

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Oh believe me I've gotten a lot of great tips from others myself. And some things I say others correct and I learn that way too. :)

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Just a quick update...I am in the midst of getting another beardie (from a reputable breeder) now, (And a new vet). Banyon gave me so much. I've got the tank tweaked up for a new face, and am trying to get temps right and everything just perfect for another baby. Wanted tank a bit different from when Banyon was here...the new beardie will not be living in Banyon's shadow...she can create one of her own. Will be interesting having a little girl this time. Some pics of Banyon. Miss you.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388430079442.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388430079442.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388430190686.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388430190686.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388430260408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388430260408.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 42

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
Glad youre getting a new baby! She'll never take Banyons place and isnt ment to.
Im excited for you! You get the excitement of learning a new personality and creating a new bond!
Did you talk to the vet after Banyon passed?
cant wait for updates on your new addition to come!

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Best idea...maybe the place I had him boarded at did something wrong? ( he had been acting different ever since I got him back from there); overwhelmed by worms and weakened (he was undergoing treatment when he passed); or impaction. While trying to get him to eat vegies, his vet had said to mix his fav food (mealworms) in it to get him interested. Since then I've learned mealworms are a treat item only, if given at all. Contributing factor? IDK. Still feel extreme guilt maybe he wasn't brumating, maybe instead he was laying there suffering. His eyes were closed, no movement no nothing I honestly thought... he trusted me and I failed him! He NEVER failed me. I Will NOT fail another living thing again. Srry for the rant. Angry at self.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Don't beat yourself up over it, life and death are all a learning experience. You did your best to try to save him. A lot of people don't think that reptiles/amphibians need a vet and you took Banyon to one, that was a good thing to do. One of my first frogs got real sick and I cried and cried over her. For two weeks I agonized over whether I should take her to a vet and by the time I got her there she lasted another 2 weeks on medication and then passed away. She was really special, not because she had a big heart spot on her side, but because she taught me how to care for my other frogs and then for my bearded dragons. She taught me that calcium is VERY important, feeding your feeders good food is a must, practice meticulous husbandry, and trust your instinct when something seems off it most likely is. Please don't beat yourself up over this. Just take your good memories of Banyon and all the good advise we've given you on this forum and put that into your next bearded dragon. I promise you, your next one will be special too(not as special as Banyon) but he/she will love you unconditionally just like Banyon did!

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you for sharing about your frog with the big heart...and you're right Banyon and this forum did teach me a lot. I will make things better for my new little girl and it'll be thanks to Banyon because he was my beginning. Thanks again Patsy for sharing your story means a lot to me reading it.

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
I am so sorry for you and if I lived down the street, I would run down and give you a hug. You gave him a loving home and I know your next one will be equally happy. :)

Latest posts