• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Badly injured beardie

Lindalee7

Bearded Dragon Egg
I came across an almost-dead beardie on the side of the road (likely someone’s escaped pet as they are not native to florida). It seems as though he was partially hit by a car, he can’t open his mouth and both eyes are almost bulging. It’s breaking my heart. He has survived a day but barely... is there any humane way I can end his suffering?? I’m nauseated just at the thought of having to do it but I cannot afford to have him euthanized at a vet. Any ideas or maybe a rescue I can take him to? I’m located in miami. Thank you.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I came across an almost-dead beardie on the side of the road (likely someone’s escaped pet as they are not native to florida). It seems as though he was partially hit by a car, he can’t open his mouth and both eyes are almost bulging. It’s breaking my heart. He has survived a day but barely... is there any humane way I can end his suffering?? I’m nauseated just at the thought of having to do it but I cannot afford to have him euthanized at a vet. Any ideas or maybe a rescue I can take him to? I’m located in miami. Thank you.
Take him to an emergency vet hospital please

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
IM so sorry you found him like this, if its as bad as you say and you cant get to a vet, i live on a farm and we rasied rabbits for food.... i can tell you blunt force trauma is the quickest less painful way...... get a big flot rock and crush his head, i know this is disturbing to you im sorry :( dont use a knife , it needs to be quick as possible, dig a small hole for him place a rock down in it place his head on the rock and bring in another rock over head, make shure you do it hard fast..... again im sorry if this is morbid.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
IM so sorry you found him like this, if its as bad as you say and you cant get to a vet, i live on a farm and we rasied rabbits for food.... i can tell you blunt force trauma is the quickest less painful way...... get a big flot rock and crush his head, i know this is disturbing to you im sorry :( dont use a knife , it needs to be quick as possible, dig a small hole for him place a rock down in it place his head on the rock and bring in another rock over head, make shure you do it hard fast..... again im sorry if this is morbid.
Are you for Real????? Telling her to crush his Head?? He shoidl have been dropped off at an emergency vet clinic if she doesn’t want to spend the money at least drop him off at the counter and go!! They will save him!! This is sickening to see or hear!!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Are you for Real????? Telling her to crush his Head?? He shoidl have been dropped off at an emergency vet clinic if she doesn’t want to spend the money at least drop him off at the counter and go!! They will save him!! This is sickening to see or hear!!
Julee have you ever had to put an animal out of its misery? Now let me ask this have you had to do it without any tools to help? I have, im not proud of it, it bothers me to this day, but it was a job that needed to be done......From your response ill assume no, she asked for the most humane way, blunt force trauma is the “nicest way” lethal injection is painful, just ask the people who survived death row, yes it is sick yes it is awful to hear, im sorry, but if you’ve never lived on a farm and you buy ur meat from white plastic packaging, ill have to kind kindly ask you to sit down, this isnt the time or place, i stated clearly above “if you cant get him to the vet” do xyz

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It would be better to take them to a rescue or a vet clinic and have them euthanize the poor thing

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
I came across an almost-dead beardie on the side of the road (likely someone’s escaped pet as they are not native to florida). It seems as though he was partially hit by a car, he can’t open his mouth and both eyes are almost bulging. It’s breaking my heart. He has survived a day but barely... is there any humane way I can end his suffering?? I’m nauseated just at the thought of having to do it but I cannot afford to have him euthanized at a vet. Any ideas or maybe a rescue I can take him to?
Oh gosh poor baby.

Latest posts