• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bad tail shed

EbrietasDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
About a month ago Ebrietas' tail shed. The lower half (halfway down to the tip of the tail) fully shed, scales turned light, dried up and came off. The upper half of the tail began to shed and then like.. went in reverse? Stopped shedding, never turned white or dried up. If that makes sense. So now as you can see in the photo, the bad shed is cutting off the lower half that is trying to grow and now there is a bulge where the bad shed and new scales meet. I've been soaking her and using my aloe plant to try to soften it but nothing is happening. I am very worried she could eventually lose her tail. Any tips? Tricks? Advice?
Husbandry is good and has been checked and double checked multiple times by folks on this forum so if we could stick to advice about getting this shed to do it's thing I would appreciate it! Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• PXL_20210810_224746247.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210810_224746247.MP.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
About a month ago Ebrietas' tail shed. The lower half (halfway down to the tip of the tail) fully shed, scales turned light, dried up and came off. The upper half of the tail began to shed and then like.. went in reverse? Stopped shedding, never turned white or dried up. If that makes sense. So now as you can see in the photo, the bad shed is cutting off the lower half that is trying to grow and now there is a bulge where the bad shed and new scales meet. I've been soaking her and using my aloe plant to try to soften it but nothing is happening. I am very worried she could eventually lose her tail. Any tips? Tricks? Advice?
Husbandry is good and has been checked and double checked multiple times by folks on this forum so if we could stick to advice about getting this shed to do it's thing I would appreciate it! Thank you in advance for your help!
She's not going to loose the tail- the tail would be infected and black- just let the shed do it's thing- they shed in different spots- don't over bath her it will dry those scales out--- let me check w/ someone to see what you can put on it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's not going to loose the tail- the tail would be infected and black- just let the shed do it's thing- they shed in different spots- don't over bath her it will dry those scales out--- let me check w/ someone to see what you can put on it
It just needs to shed, I don't think it needs any help Can you post some more pics please I think your seeing something that is not there

Latest posts