• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby's New Home!

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well, I've finally completed it..........for now. I just have a few more things to do, cosmetic-wise, but that will be done sometime in the near future.

Well, here it is!

01102011302.jpg

That weird line is where the shelf used to be. I'm going to cover it up with a nice trim piece. Painting was not an option, as I would have to paint the whole thing, and I didn't want to do it because I love the wood grain!

The tank they shared:
As you can see, they're huge for a shared space like that.
01012011288.jpg

After I installed the vents and light fixtures:
01082011299.jpg

How the vivs would fit together:
01102011304.jpg

Decor I recently bought:
01102011308.jpg

Cool side:
01102011309.jpg

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I bet theyre gonna be so happy with all the space

The tiles in the new viv is really nice - I like ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is nice, however I have some concerns.

The cloth over the basking site... That can harbor parasites lovie.

Those stone discs.... might be small enough to be eaten, and can lodge in Baby's throat.

Other than that... looks real nice dear!
Hope this helps out !

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Cloth over the basking site ? Ummmmm nope. There's one on the cool side for her to sleep on... Not over the basking site !

Yeah, the stones weren't really working for me. I saw em at the store and thought they'd add nicely for decor.... All they do is mess it up anyway lol.......
But I do agree, they may try to eat it. They shall be removed anyhow !

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I beleive most of the worry about the cloth is that it can collect bacteria and parasites. Just my 2 cents, as long as you have several, and wash the cloth very frequently, there shouldn't be an issue :)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It doesn't matter where the cloth is.. it will harbor bacteria and parasites as stated above.

Hope this helps out.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK, Ive been reading and following this post for a while now. And i think i can give my 2c as well.
Pogie has (And always has had) a blankie ON her basking platform.
She doesnt poop on it, she just lies on it. Every 2nd-3rd day it gets swopped for a replacement one (As i have 4)
She has a clear fecal, no illness and no ill effects from the blankie either.
It is (from what i can see) similar to the one Melissa is using, just pink, as P is a girl.

Like i said, just my 2c.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello Luv
Digz look pretty nice. I bet you're glad to finally have it done.

About the cloth. It does harbor bacteria. Parasites only if they're pre-existing however.
But like with all things, regular washing and cleaning prevents bacteria from becoming harmful. The "wash your hands after you pee and before you eat" kinda thing. Common Sense.

How's Bella?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh okay, thanks! The cloth will be removed.

Gina, yep, I'm so glad that it's done. They need their own space now!
And Bella..... well...... she's not with me anymore. My sister took her back to where she lives. She doesn't live in the city I'm in, but she lives in the same province. I didn't want her to go, but my sister was upset because she wanted a pet with her (we both own Bella). So things are a little complicated. But Bella is not with my sister atm. She's with one of my sister's friends till my sister gets her own apartment. This guy is a snake owner with 10+ snakes so I assume he knows what he's doing. Last time I heard about Bella, she still hasn't eaten. I have no idea if that guy did the chicken broth idea like I told my sister to tell him......
Anyway, I miss her dearly.
:'(

Latest posts