1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Diet' started by Courtney87, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Courtney87

Courtney87 Bearded Dragon Egg

Hello all hoping for some advice. We recent got a baby beared dragon and I can’t get him to eat any of his veggies. Any advice on what I can do to get him to start eating them.
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

Yep get a glass bowl something worms and dubia roaches cant get out of --- next order some BSFL from here www.symptonbsf.com - order large as they are small - use as many as you want as they are a great staple feeder do not dust w/ calcium D3 - then add 1-3 small super worms if you cant find them at your local pet store order here www.https://reptilesupply.com/ they have small ones - you can use wax worms as well but only use like 1-3-- add them to the salad first thing in the morning - make sure he sees you adding the worms on top of salad it will draw him to the bowl - let him eat from the bowl for like an hr or so then take a little of the salad out but leave some in there add your staple feeder I use dubias they cant get out of the bowl unless they are the really large ones then it doesnt work anymore I usually add like 10-12 in the bowl - it will stay in the tank till afternoon then I pull it - gives him to time eat most of the day and bask before lights out -- try that you can get dubias from the reptilesupply place as well
  3. Courtney87

Courtney87 Bearded Dragon Egg

Ok I’ll have to give this a try. Thanks for the advice.
  4. Scout

Scout Bearded Dragon Egg

Baby beardies are known to be more carnivorous. My baby beardie isn't interested in any types of veggies, although he has eaten a grape. As they get older, it should be easier to feed them this. (also, grapes should only be given on occasion)
  5. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

You want your baby to start eating greens now if not it is possible that he will not eat them as he gets older - believe me I have one that wont touch salads and its very frustrating since they need to eat this as to have a balanced diet - I have talked w/ more people that cant get their dragons to eat vegies after they got to be a year - it wont be a shock to them when its time for the switch - babies up to a year need 80% protein 20 % vegies after a year it reverses - too much protein causes gout -- I have a 2 yr old that wont eat them but as of the last week he has eaten more as I am putting silk worms in his salad and w/ that he is getting some bites of vegies - I have tried hand feeding him and its been something else -- w/ Blaze I went w/ a different tactic I learned from my breeder that I got my baby now - he is 7.5 months old and is eating his salads -