• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby to Adult?

Dragonscale

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had a my bearded dragon for about 9 months, I bought him at 6 inches and he is not about 1 ft and 3 inches. Is he stop growing? How long does it usually take for them to reach full sized adults and stop growing?

Pat B

Super Moderator
He will continue to grow just not as fast. They will 'usually' grow until about a year. As long as he is healthy as in eating and pooping I would say you are good to go. He sure was tiny when you bought him so he has grown about 9" in less than a year. That is pretty good. My Spike isn't any bigger and he is about 13 months.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not to step on Pat's toes, but the "average" bearded dragon should be full grown at 18 months. While growth will slow as your beardie gets older, expect him to not be fully grown until about 18 months. My Demani is about 10 months, and he's 16 1/4". He's still growing at about 1/4" a week. On the other hand, Aussie, who is about nine months, is only 14 1/4", and hasn't grown but a 1/4" in the last month. Moral of the story...these guys grow when they want to grow. Food for thought, the average length of a full grown bearded dragon is 18-22", but they can easily be over two feet.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Thanks Sean....My toes didn't feel anything! :D I do agree that these beardies grow when then want and they are all different! I stand corrected :rolleyes:.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Both my big girls are 13-14 in' right now at 5-months and becareful what you wish for-as i have to move another one to a bigger tank[40 breeder] as her growth rate in the last 2-weeks has been un- believable she has grown at least 2 inches. And my baby 'Marcedes' has grown about 1-inch in just a few short weeks-4-5-inches when i got her.She seems to be around 7-8 inches now. Bella-aka=river-7

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Sean....My toes didn't feel anything! :D I do agree that these beardies grow when then want and they are all different! I stand corrected :rolleyes:.

I wouldn't go so far as saying "corrected". It's more like a different take on the subject. I don't see your assessment as wrong, at all.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ironically, I posted something myself about growth rates. I get a little paranoid about my babies. I may 'know how it goes', but that doesn't stop me from worrying.

Latest posts