• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BABY STARTING TO SHED!!!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
FIRST one; how exciting and i can see pieces on his back so i will give him a little misting when i get back from shopping[returning useless stuff]I was adjusting his temp and noticed it right away-I have only had him a week lol-I wonder if this is his first shed.I have a reptile bowl for bathing that i bought for my birds so if i can find it -that will be perfect to bath him in.I will wash and bake it and then maybe a little relaxing bath for him. It is gorgeous , has stairs for him to come out ect; A large size but will fit him for life lol-so happy-i must be doing something right lol. He seems to be the same as usual. Man having a hard time adjusting temp this morning but i think i got it.Will check before i leave.Temp was bad in Canada=it is flipping all over the place-1-day cold and next hot lol.Bella-aka-river

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Woo. It's always a good sign! He may start scratching his head and body on things to help remove the skin but it's perfectly normal! X

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

Pat B

Super Moderator
Has anyone suggested a timer for your lights? They are great and you never have to worry about the lights coming on or going off at the same time. I do 7 am - 7pm. Also....being that you are in Canada and it probably gets very c-o-l-d you might have to get a CHE light for heat at night. I live in Columbia SC but keep my house cold during the winter so I will probably have to get one also. They give out no light just heat.
It is good to hear the Dude is shedding....so he is growing!! They will shed frequently when they are tiny as they grow so fast....Good luck and you are doing a good job!! Where are the pictures?? :D

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
YEAh; PAT; Just got one yesterday and don't know how to set the darn thing still reading as i would like to do the 12-hr. thing and it has 2-plugs 1-for each uvb and heat. And i want to set for 8-pm and 8-am Do i just put 12-hours on it and if so- how ?? I a no good at mechanical things.We are 68-here at night but i will see how it goes and of course i will get him a CHE bulb if needed.Don't know how to do pic's either lol as i do have some of course'What Mommie Don't have pics lol] Just fed him his lunch-10-2-6-pm and he eats very good. And looks for it.Yeah shedding surprised me as i thought it would be a little later but its just starting on his back.We all had to put on ovens last year as new management trying to save money and we all suffer but oven heats it up at least to 70-73 ect; Thanks Pat i always like hearing from YOU; Bella-aka-river

Pat B

Super Moderator
Have not a clue on how to set a timer....I didn't do mine....:rolleyes: That is good he is eating my Spike decided not to eat today but he did poop!! My Dad always used to say....if all else fails... READ THE DIRECTIONS!! Good luck!! lol....:eek:

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Still trying Pat but losey at this stuff lol-i think i have it but not sure-thanks Pat.Maybe he's having an off day lol-tomorrow will be better Pat; My guy has a fat little tummy and is on his heat rock digesting his food.Thank the Lord for that. Bella-aka-river-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
PAT B;- did Spike eat today-this is a very early post but please let me know as i would be hoping he eats very good this morning. and be a good little dragon for his mommie lol-Pat; Going to store to get more crix; today so will get them to set up timer lol; solved problem.bella-aka-river

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
PAT B ;just had a friend come over to set my timer and WOW-she done it and said they were bad to do-but took it to fish shop and 4-men could not set it lol-but done now thank the Lord for that-bella-aka-river.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great that he's shedding! My beardie loves to use me as a rock with my fingernails. She'll rub her head all over me whenever she's shedding.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Noella; When i came home today he had a nice big piece waiting on me as a little present.Very proud of himself i might add. i am not to the handling stage as yet other then moving him when i clean; i kind of lift him move out of my way and he just looks at me as if to say -Oh boy here we go again with the cleaning bit. And he knows his crix; container and can't wait until i put them in. He starts tasting as soon as he see's me coming with them.Little tongue going like crazy, just can't wait until i put them in.I have had him 7-day's tomorrow; And i have actually seen him eating his salad. Some say they really don't eat it until their older but my guy doe's and loves it. I give him salad first and 1-hour later his crix;. So i am very pleased with him.Thanks for sharing Noella; Bella-aka-river.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! Mine gets all annoyed when she leaves yucky presents for me. She tries to get as far as she can from the offending thing. LOL!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
HA HA- that's cute Noella; I meant he left me a nice piece of his shedding, was very proud of that.I said to him 'Mommie's big boy is getting some new skin hey/ and it was almost like he knew what i was saying and strutted his stuff lol. now when he does a yucky he moves and looks for mommie to come quick to clean the offending object that just invaded his house lol-and as if to say how did that get here-'was i sleeping lol. have a good night Noella;Bella-aka-river-7

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
Just reading your posts. Spike ate in the bathtub this morning....LOL. He was eating crix in his enclosure but wouldn't Chase them.. Stubborn little boy. Took him out this afternoon...loves to roam the house. I lost him one day! He was hiding under a table.... Spike is definitely cut from a different coming....:D

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
Just wanted to say you more likely know this haha but just in case never peel their skin off let it come off naturally! If you peel the skin off you can peel good skin off with the old skin and leave scars!

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome! Yeah I heard stories how people take the skin off from them then they wonder why they have scars:/ kinda scary so wanted to me sure!:)

Latest posts