• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Ludek (Ludo)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Can't wait to get him home. Will probably be double the size when I finally bring him home :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346781095.059030.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346781110.045763.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346781120.970239.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346781134.277165.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What a Cutie! a Gorgeous young'un ... CONGRATS!!!

Is that sand substrate of some kind on the log?

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
It was repti sand as the guy from the shop forgot I didn't want it and he set it up for me at home.

Since brushed the rest off. She's on newspaper for this week until I find some decent tiles.

Got the basking spot hovering between 109 and 112 Fahrenheit and she seems to be settled in just fine. Leaving her to it now though.

I'm a little concerned as she seems a little uneasy on the higher parts of the log. I don't know if its because she's not used to it.

I can't believe how much she has grown in 5 weeks!

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Quite funny. The shop had just rung me as its a father son operation.
Turns out the son has given me the wrong one.
Paul is a popular name after all.

Anyways just done a swap over they are pretty certain this one is a male.

I don't know if its because its just been in transit but this one seems much more feisty.

Meet Ludo!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349688746.044468.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349688771.184397.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Noticed him earlier trying to stretch and climb the back wall.

He seemed to enjoy his food earlier but am worried I might get a double whammy of acclimatisation and shedding blues from the little guy.

Got basking spot upto 115. Loves his live food but not even sniffed at the greens so I've chucked loads into his food to gut load them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349699687.995644.jpg

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Basking spot temp to high isn't it I thought it suppose to be 110 correct me if I'm wrong

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Noticed that. Had 115 in my head for some strange reason. Have lowered it so it hovers between 105-110.

Looking at the dials it was only up that high for around an hour and he wasn't directly below his basking spot.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Your welcome is your dial is it the ones that stick to the back of tank? The digal ones with probe that you can attach directly under your basking light is so much better the other ones just takes the temp on the glass which isn't the right temp

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
I have a digital one with the probe under basking spot as it'll give a truer reading.

When I first put him in he thought it was food :) he now knows otherwise.

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Reckon I have a messy little one as I was concerned that he hadn't pooped. When my mum visited this afternoon I'd asked if he'd gone and he had pooped on his log and was laying in it.

Something for me to look forward to later then!

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Just a little advice needed. I have been feeding crickets this week and he has been taking between 30-38 per day plus he has been eating his salad as it is 3 quarters gone when I get home.

I've worked out he's between 4-5 months old. I'd like to get some scales on Saturday and weigh him and of course measure him.

My local shop are selling locusts next week £2.50 per pot rather than £5. I was just wondering how many of those should he be taking? They are XL ones and fit between his eyes.

It's quite funny as everyone in the family who were freaked out by him like just watching him. Still waiting for someone to have the nerve to handle him once settled!

Ill get measurements by Saturday etc but in the experts on here opinion does he seem healthy?

He's very alert and as soon as lights are on he climbs up his log.

Sorry to ramble on!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349949952.397106.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349950123.086662.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349949994.786228.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349949994.786228.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 80

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My local shop are selling locusts next week £2.50 per pot rather than £5. I was just wondering how many of those should he be taking? They are XL ones and fit between his eyes.

General rule of thumb on feeding Live Prey is to feed them as many as they want to eat in a 10-15 minutes span of time regardless of what the live feeder is. Personally I don't count the first couple of feedings when trying a new feeder because of the "new" factor which they may tend to eat more than normal of especially if they really like them or they may be stand-offish if they are not sure if they want to eat them or not. That "new" will wear off generally after a few feedings and then I will watch and implement the 10-15 minute rule.

Enjoy the day!:)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Head to tip he is just a shade under 10"

Ordered crickets online at a good price another poop today, every other so far but annoyingly on his log again!

I've only been back for feeds over this week as work has been hectic. Looking forward to spending some time observing. I know he needs to acclimatise but I've made a point of bringing out in the mornings to check him over just before I feed him and he's been really comfortable just laying in my arm for a couple of mins.

I thought he'd be a lot more of a shade of red than he is but in guessing that his colours will show in time.

Starting to bang on again lol but just so pleased to finally have one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350001117.355865.jpg