• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Dragon not eating much

Andrew Sinclair

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm probably over reacting but I wanted to get some advise.

I did a lot of research before getting Norbert and I know relocation stress can cause them to stop eating. However, I got him just over a week ago and hes still only eating about 2-5 crickets a day and some veggies.

My setup is posted in the enclosure section but here is a quick overview. 40G, 24' T5 inside the tank. Heat is 110 on the hot side taken with a temp gun. Substrate is ceramic tile.

Crickets are dusted daily and vitamins 1/week.

thanks

Andrew Sinclair

Bearded Dragon Egg
How far is the T 5 from basking spot? the basking decor should be 12-15 inches from his decor piece They tend to go thru relocation stress so it depends on the dragon - how big are the crickets you are feeding him --- please dont feed a bug that is too big for him --- I would look at getting him over on dubias --- they re better for them and less stink less chirp and they last longer than crickets --- you can order them from here www.dubiaroaches.com along w/ some butter worms horn worms and small super worms if you can find them he might be able to eat medium --- but you dont want to feed him a insect or worm bigger than the size between their eyes --- or there abouts ---- the horn worms grow really fast so you need to order small amounts --- you can also try some BSFL they are a great staple feeder and you do not need to dust -- you will need a glass or ceramic bowl that the insects / worms cant get out of ----- www.symtonbsf.com ---- dubia roaches carries them but they call them nutrigrubs --- you need to give vitamins 2 x per week ---

Thanks for your reply.
The UVB is at the front of the tank and his basking spot is at the back so its about 10' away from that. I could move it over towards the opposite side of his basking spot but I was worried about him not getting enough UVB.
Unfortunately Dubias are illegal in Canada. I've ordered some BSFL but they wont be in until next week.

Latest posts